COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Available Today & Tomorrow in Walker County!
Due to a special shipment of the Pfizer vaccine, Walker County has openings today (March 9) and tomorrow (March 10) for eligible Georgia residents who want the COVID-19 vaccine. Please call the Walker County COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 706-620-0887 to make an appointment. These vaccines are being administered by appointment at the Walker County Civic Center Campus in Rock Spring.
- Individuals 65 Years of Age and Older and Their Caregivers
- Healthcare Personnel
- Long-Term Care Facility Residents & Staff
- Law Enforcement & Fire Personnel
- EMS Personnel & 9-1-1 Operators
- Pre-K, K-12 and DECAL Licensed or Exempt Childcare Programs Educators and Staff
- Adults with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities & their Caregivers
- Intellectual Disability is a disability characterized by significant limitations in both intellectual functioning and in adaptive behavior, which covers many everyday social and practical skills. This disability originates before the age of 22.
- A developmental disability is a physical or mental impairment that happens before the age of 22, is expected to last a lifetime, and impacts at least three activities of daily living. Activities of daily living include self-care; receptive and expressive language; learning; mobility; self-direction; capacity for independent living; and economic self-sufficiency.
- Parents of Children with Complex Medical Conditions
- Malignancies requiring active treatment
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) including organ transplant (bone marrow or solid organ) within 2 years
- Critical congenital heart disease
- Asthma (moderate to severe)
- Sickle cell disease
- Obesity (BMI >95%)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Significant neurologic injury or condition (e.g. hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, traumatic brain injury, congenital anomaly, acute flaccid myelitis) with functional/developmental impairment (e.g. cerebral palsy, developmental disability, prematurity, mitochondrial disease)
- Technology dependence (e.g. BiPAP, trach)