Character Word Of The Month: RESPECT
Dade Elementary School Hosts Title I Literacy Nights
Last week, the halls of Dade Elementary School echoed with excitement as students and their families came together for ‘DES CAMP READ-A-LOT.’ This engaging event aimed to foster a love for reading among young learners while providing an opportunity for students to showcase their reading skills to their families. Principal Ms. Melissa Valtierra expressed her gratitude to all participating students and their families, highlighting the importance of such events in promoting literacy in our community. The hashtag #TeamDadeGa was proudly used to share the event’s success.
Davis Elementary Students Show Their School Spirit
The spirit of camaraderie and pride was on full display at Davis Elementary School last Friday, which celebrated ‘Luau Day’ as part of the Dade County High School school spirit theme for the week. Students came dressed in vibrant outfits to show their unwavering support for the Wolverines. Special recognition goes to Ms. Ashley Gibson for capturing a fantastic group photo of her spirited 5th-grade students, who embodied the essence of #TeamDadeGa.
Dade Middle School Now Accepting REACH Applications
Exciting news for 8th-grade students at Dade Middle School – the REACH Scholarship application is now open! Applications can be obtained from the school’s front office, with a deadline of September 29, 2023. This scholarship presents a valuable opportunity, as two DMS 8th graders will be awarded this prestigious honor. For comprehensive information about the REACH Scholarship, please visit the website at reachga.org. Questions about the application process can be directed to DMS Principal, Ms. Michelle Beeler.
DMS Lady Wolverines Secure 5th Place in Cross-Country Meet
Over the weekend, the DMS cross-country teams embarked on a journey to Ringgold, GA, where they faced formidable competitors from Baylor, Heritage, Lafayette, Trion, Cartersville, Rockmart, and more. Impressively, the Lady Wolverines secured a commendable 5th place finish. A photo featuring the team and Coach Lauren Ambrose, taken moments after their race, radiates the pride of achievement. Congratulations to these dedicated athletes for their outstanding performance.
DMS Softball Clinches Playoff Spot
The Dade Middle School Lady Wolverines are heading into post-season play with high spirits. Their resounding 14-2 victory over Lafayette Middle School last week secured their spot in the NGAC conference tournament. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 26th, as they enter the tournament as the sixth seed. Congratulations to these talented ladies, and may luck be on their side during the tournament!
DCHS Softball Team Hits Their Stride
The Dade County High School Lady Wolverines are making waves on the softball field, winning eight of their last nine games. Their recent thrilling victory over the Lady Dragons of Pepperell High School in extra innings showcased their determination and skill. For more details on their remarkable journey, click HERE.
Georgia Department of Education to Launch Tutoring Program
The Georgia Department of Education is gearing up to provide valuable tutoring resources for students in grades K-12 during the 2023-2024 school year. This initiative is part of their ongoing commitment to address lost learning opportunities. For further information, click HERE.
Upcoming Events and Important Announcements
- No School on October 9th-11th: Mark your calendars; there will be no school on these dates.
- Early Release & Parent/Teacher Conferences (October 12, 2023): DCS will host Parent/Teacher Conference Day. Students will attend school half-day, with conferences starting shortly after dismissal, which will be three hours earlier than usual. Detailed information will be sent home by each school.
- DC Connect: A two-way communication tool is available to provide feedback, compliments, suggestions, or questions. Fill out the electronic form HERE to connect with the DCS team.
- Dade County Schools 2022 Annual Report: Discover the achievements of students, staff, and the Dade County Governance Team in the 2022 Annual Report, aligned with the strategic plan. Special recognition goes to Ms. Kristin Barrett, our DCS Social Worker, for her incredible graphic art skills.
- Calendar of Events: For the latest updates and possible event changes, please refer to the district calendar HERE.
- Dade County Board of Education Meeting: The next monthly meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 25, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. It will be held at the Dade County Board of Education building located at 52 Tradition Lane Trenton, GA. 30752. For a complete list of monthly meetings, click HERE.
Stay tuned for more exciting news and updates from your local Dade County Schools!