Quick Takes: Sting, Def Leppard, The Eagles, Harry Chapin, David Johansen, Jethro Tull
- "Out of an abundance of caution," Sting's fall European tour dates have been pushed back a full calendar year until 2021. Tickets previously purchased will be honored for the rescheduled dates. For any further ticket inquiries, fans are advised to reach out to their point of purchase. (Press release)
- UPDATED: Sting 2021 European tour dates (subject to change):
October 4, 2021 – Kosice, Slovakia – Steel Arena from 10/8/20
October 6, 2021 – Leipzig, Germany – Quarterback Immobilien Arena from 10/16/20
October 7, 2021 – Oberhausen, Germany – Konig-Pilsner Arena from 10/14/20
October 10, 2021 – Strasbourg, France – Zenith from 10/19/20
October 12, 2021 – Hamburg, Germany – Barclaycard Arena from 10/15/20
October 14, 2021 – Dijon, France – Zenith from 10/21/20
October 15, 2021 – Zurich, Switzerland – Hallenstadion from 10/18/20
October 18, 2021 – Aix-en-Provence, France – Arena from 10/11/20
October 19, 2021 – Toulouse, France – Zenith from 10/12/20
- Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen admitted that he's still unsure if the band's massive tour with Motley Crue will play next summer. While chatting with SiriusXM's Trunk Nation, Collen spoke about the postponed "Stadium Tour," which will also feature Poison, and Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Collen spoke of the chances for the tour to actually launch in 2021: "I honestly don't know. I'd say it's 50/50. If everyone does what they are supposed to do, then we will be there next summer. . . Me and Nikki Sixx were talking (about) getting in shape for it. We were, like, 'How you doin'?' and all of this stuff, and it was awesome. And then we had the plug pulled. So, we actually have got a year to look even better, so it will be even cooler." (Ultimate Classic Rock)
- Fans who might've missed the Eagles' new concert film, which premiered last weekend, will get another shot to catch the show. Live From The Forum MMXVIII, which was recorded at the Forum in Los Angeles on September 12th, 14th, and 15th, 2018 will air once again on ESPN on Monday, July 13th at 9 pm ET. (Best Classic Bands)
- A 26-song live album of the event will be released on October 16th in a variety of audio and video formats, including Blu-ray, CD, Vinyl, and Streaming.
- Coming soon is the definitive documentary Harry Chapin: When In Doubt, Do Something. The Rick Korn film, which is set to hit various film festivals before seeing release in October. Among the high-profile participants in the doc are Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Pete Seeger, Bob Geldof, Kenny Rogers, Graham Nash, Pat Benatar, Darryl "DMC" McDaniels, Robert Lamm, Richie Havens, and Harry Belafonte.
- Chapin, best known for such classics as "Cats In The Cradle" and "Taxi," was a tireless activist against world hunger. He died in a 1981 traffic accident at age 38 while en route to a benefit concert. (Deadline)
- Martin Scorsese will co-direct and upcoming documentary on New York Dolls frontman, David Johansen, via Showtime Documentary Films. Scorsese will share directorial duties with David Tedeschi. Scorsese and Sikelia Productions will executive produce with Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Imagine Documentaries.
- According to the doc's synopsis: The film will reveal the many faces of Johansen in an extraordinarily intimate feature documentary. Growing up on Staten Island, Johansen landed in New York’s East Village in the late 1960's; a 16-year-old dropped into the epicenter of the counter-cultural revolution in music, theatre, fashion, art, writing, and social change — a seismic moment that still reverberates today. Johansen’s musical career started in the 1970's as lead singer for the punk/glam pioneers the New York Dolls, continued as he helped to usher in the swing revival as Buster Poindexter in the 1980's and dug deep into the blues with the Harry Smiths in the 1990's."(Slashfilm.com)
- Add this one to the shopping list — Jethro Tull's hand sanitizer. Co-founder and frontman Ian Anderson is lending his support to the effort by making it the "only officially sanctioned Jethro Tull sanitizer hand rub." Jethro Tull's hand sanitizer is sold exclusively through the "Helping the Heroes" website with the proceeds helping small businesses remain open and funding the groups' donation programs. (Press release)
Copyright 2020, Mountain Valley Independent by First Class Media Group. All Rights Reserved.