Quick Takes: Jimi Hendrix, Tom Petty, Joni Mitchell, Elvis Costello, The Stray Cats
- Set for release on DVD/Blu-ray and CD/vinyl on November 20th is Music, Money, Madness . . . Jimi Hendrix In Maui. The film chronicles the Jimi Hendrix Experience’s legendary visit to Maui and "how they became ensnared with the ill-fated Rainbow Bridge movie produced by their controversial manager Michael Jeffery."
- The announcement states the Blu-ray edition will include the full documentary as well as bonus features featuring all of the existing 16mm color film shot of the two performances on July 30th, 1970 — mixed in both stereo and 5.1 surround sound by longtime Hendrix engineer Eddie Kramer, and mastered by Bernie Grundman. (Press release)
- "Confusion Wheel" the latest teaser from the upcoming Tom Petty box set has dropped. The track will be among the unreleased songs making their premiere on the Wildflowers & All The Rest collection set for release on October 16th. (Rock Cellar)
- Joni Mitchell Archives Vol. 1: The Early Years (1963-1967) will be released on October 30th. The five-CD and digital collection features early six hours of unreleased audio, including her first known recordings, home demos, and live performances. The set features liner notes and new conversations between Joni and Cameron Crowe. (Press release)
- Elvis Costello has posted the fourth new song from his upcoming Hey Clockface album, which drops on October 30th. "Hey Clockface/How Can You Face Me" features Costello backed in a 1930's-styled jazz-based romp — which judging from the previous other tracks, may just add up to Costello's most unique sounding album in decades.
- Out today (September 11th) is the Stray Cats' new live album culled from their 2019 40th anniversary reunion tour. The 23-track collection, Rocked This Town: From LA To London, includes such Stray Cats classics as "Rock This Town," "Built For Speed, " "Stray Cat Strut," "Rumble In Brighton, "Runaway Boys," and "(She's) Sexy + 17," among others. (Press release)
Copyright 2020, Mountain Valley Independent by First Class Media Group. All Rights Reserved.