The Dade County High School class of 2020 graduation ceremony may have had to limit the number of people who can attend in person, but there are several options available for everyone else.
Graduation is being held outdoors in the Magic Morgan Stadium tomorrow, Friday, June 26, at 9 a.m. Several guidelines are in place for graduation guests due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are listed below:
- The stadium will open at 8 a.m. Seats are first come, first served. Do not save seats.
- Adults must have a ticket. Children under 6 do not need one.
- Groups of 4+ should sit in the stands in the taped off sections. Groups of 3 or less should use the seats on the track first.
- We ask that you find your seats quickly and avoid congregating.
- Masks are voluntary but are strongly recommended for guests with underlying health conditions.
- Guests are encouraged to bring bottled water to the ceremony.
- Staff members and ushers are located near the entry gates and the gate to the field if you need any assistance.
- Guests are NOT permitted on the field before, during, or after the ceremony.
- Following the ceremony, guests should remain in their seats until all graduates have left the field.
- When exiting the stands, please do not block the flow of traffic. For your safety, please be patient and give fellow guests time and space to move.
- Grads should arrive at 8 a.m. and report to the gym. Please have everything ready the night before. The ceremony will begin promptly at 9 a.m.
Since the number of guests accompanying a student has been restricted, many family members and friends are looking for other avenues to view graduation exercises. KWN will be live streaming the DCHS 2020 Graduation through Facebook on the KWN News Now site. You can also watch the graduation live by going to discoverdade.com and clicking on the KWN-TV menu option.
Also viewable on KWN-TV with TVN channel 7, or on through iTV Chattanooga on Roku, Firestick, Android TV and others. The graduation will also be broadcast live on News Radio 101.3 FM and 1420 AM.